2 weeks ago yesterday Annalese had her tonsils out. Ouch. But really she was very brave. Hayley's had this done. So Anna had a lot of prepping about how much it was going to hurt. And Hayley remembered the tweety bird nightgown, which they still use. Dr. Wood was her Doctor. He is awesome. (I was a kid when I met him... but he reminded me so much of Elder L. Tom Perry by his size and his personality). This was miserable. Really the worst part for a mom is when they bring you your daughter after surgery. I could hear her crying and got up to go get her. But she is on a hospital bed, curled up in a ball, confused and waking from anethesia, crying, scared and really hurt. They push the bed to where I am and have me sit in a chair and lift her out to me with an IV in her arm. And she is just crying and can't talk. 2 weeks later after much kindness from grandmas and friends and much misery on the couch she is better. She is a trooper. And she is sick of popsicles and ice cream.a note from her best friend Natalie
So this week Finn tells me.. "Mom, tonsils hurt." And he sticks his finger in his ear. Of course he had an ear infection. That is the first time he's been able to tell me what hurts. Now a couple of days into the antibiotics, I think his "tonsils" are feeling much better. Funny kid.

No comments:
Post a Comment